MIAMI GARDENS – The Miami Dolphins hosted the Junior Dolphins Fall Donations visiting ten high school varsity football teams in Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties to deliver Dolphins gear, cleats, meals and Guardian Caps for the student athletes in September and October.
“We greatly thank the Miami Dolphins for their visit and contribution to our football program,” Miami Springs Head Coach Mario Montoya said. “You have no idea the impact that the Junior Dolphins donations have had not only on the school, but to each individual student-athlete. The kids where so grateful for this opportunity and excited to continue working hard this football season.”
In the continued effort to impact high school football in South Florida, the Junior Dolphins also donated new and lightly used football equipment to select football programs in need from the Dolphins’ former training facility in Davie, FL.
Through this season’s initiative, the Junior Dolphins Fall Donations engaged with more than 500 student athletes, donated more than $50,000 in equipment and contributed in-kind financial assistance averaging 800 pieces of equipment per school.
The Junior Dolphins Fall Donations engaged with:
- P. Taravella High School on Wednesday, September 1.
- Miami Norland Senior High School on Wednesday, September 8.
- Hollywood Hills High School on Thursday, September 9.
- Miami Carol City Senior High School Thursday on September 16.
- Western High School on Wednesday, September 22.
- West Boca Raton High School presented by Baptist Health on Monday, October 4.
- Westland Hialeah Senior High School presented by Baptist Health on Tuesday, October 5.
- Miami Springs senior High School presented by Baptist Health on Tuesday, October 12.
- Miami Jackson Senior High School on Thursday, October 14.
- Miami Palmetto Senior High School presented by Pollo Tropical on Tuesday, October 19.
The Junior Dolphins program encourages youth players and coaches to teach, learn and play football in a fun and safe environment. As stewards of the game, Junior Dolphins strive to grow participation in the game, impact the football community and build the next generation of Dolphins fans. Through strong community partnership and strategic resource distribution, all aspects of the Junior Dolphins program work to emphasize character building to increase the overall experience in youth football.
PHOTO COURTESY OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS