As we head toward Week 7 in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties, you are starting to see the better teams move toward the top.
Very few changes in this week’s area Top 20 – with Plantation American Heritage, Pompano Beach Blanche Ely, Coconut Creek and Fort Lauderdale Calvary Christian making moves that will go a long way in determining playoff positioning.
Over the next few weeks, huge matchups will further shake up the rankings, starting this week – as 10 Top 20 teams will clash.
As we head toward Week 7, here is a look at how programs are doing in this region:
1. Miami Central (2M – 5-0). THIS WEEK: The annual war against No. 11 Miami Northwestern on Oct. 7 at Traz Powell Stadium. NEXT GAME: No. 9 Miami Norland on Oct. 14. LAST WEEK: The Rockets remained unbeaten with a 41-0 district win over North Miami Beach.
9. Miami Norland (2M – 4-0). THIS WEEK: A huge Thursday night (Oct. 6) contest against No. 10 Miami Booker T. Washington. NEXT GAME: It’s an Oct. 14 game against No. 1 Miami Central. LAST WEEK: The Vikings were off.
10. Miami Booker T. Washington (2M – 5-1). THIS WEEK: An Oct. 6 showdown with No. 9 Miami Norland. NEXT GAME: Saturday, Oct. 15 showdown with No. 11 Miami Northwestern. LAST WEEK: The Tornadoes picked up a win this past week – beating Miami Jackson, 36-15.
11. Miami Northwestern (2M – 3-2). THIS WEEK: The much-anticipated annual showdown with No. 1 Miami Central on Friday night at Traz Powell Stadium. NEXT GAME: A Saturday, Oct. 15 showdown with No. 10 Miami Booker T. Washington. LAST WEEK: The Bulls were off.
12. Fort Lauderdale Dillard (3M – 2-2). THIS WEEK: It’s the Oct. 7 showdown at home against No. 3 Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas. NEXT GAME: LAST WEEK: The game with Lauderdale Lakes Boyd Anderson was called off because of a pending Hurricane Ian.
13. Miramar (3M, 3-1). THIS WEEK: A Thursday night away game against Pembroke Pines Charter on Oct. 6. NEXT GAME: An away district game against Hialeah American. LAST WEEK: The game against No. 3 Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas was called off because of a pending Hurricane Ian.
14. Plantation (3M – 3-1). THIS WEEK: A Friday night game at Davie Nova on Oct. 7. NEXT GAME: A home game on Oct. 14 against No. 12 Fort Lauderdale Dillard. LAST WEEK: A rivalry game at home on Sept. 30 against unbeaten and No. 19 South Plantation will be played on Monday, Oct. 24.
15. Pompano Beach Blanche Ely (3M, 5-0). THIS WEEK: The Tigers will be off. NEXT GAME: An away game on Oct. 14 against Deerfield Beach. LAST WEEK: The Tigers finally jumped into the spotlight with a convincing 36-12 win against No. 17 Fort Lauderdale in the “battle of the unbeatens”.
16. Coconut Creek Monarch (4M, 5-1). THIS WEEK: An away game on Friday, Oct. 7 against Hollywood McArthur. NEXT GAME: Will be off next week before an Oct. 21 game at No. 3 Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas. LAST WEEK: The Knights continue to impress as they crushed Boca Raton Olympic Heights on Monday, 62-0.
17. Fort Lauderdale (3M, 4-1). THIS WEEK: A home game against a competitive Coconut Creek team on Oct. 7. NEXT GAME: It’s a district showdown at No. 3 Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas on Oct. 14. LAST WEEK: The Flying Ls suffered their first loss of the season against unbeaten and No. 15 Pompano Beach Blanche Ely, 36-12.
18. Hollywood Avant Garde (1M, 3-1). THIS WEEK: A Thursday home game against Palm Beach Christian Prep. NEXT GAME: A home game against West Palm Beach Sports & Leadership Program on Friday. LAST WEEK: Had the week off.
19. South Plantation (3M, 4-0). THIS WEEK: A Thursday home district contest against Sunrise Piper. NEXT GAME: An Oct. 14 away game against Pompano Beach. LAST WEEK: A rivalry game on Sept. 30 against No. 15 Plantation will be played on Monday, Oct. 24.
20. Fort Lauderdale Calvary Christian (2M, 5-1). THIS WEEK: A Friday home game against Pembroke Pines Somerset Academy. NEXT GAME: An Oct. 14 home district game against Coconut Creek North Broward Prep. LAST WEEK: The Eagles enter the Top 20 for the first time this year after a 36-14 win against Coral Springs Charter.
OTHER TEAMS TO WATCH: Coconut Creek (3M – 2-3), Coral Gables (4M, 3-1), Doral Academy (4M, 4-2), Fort Lauderdale Pine Crest (2M, 5-1), Fort Lauderdale Stranahan (2M – (3-2), Fort Lauderdale Westminster Academy (1M, 4-0), Hialeah Barbara Goleman (4M, 2-3), Hialeah (3M, 3-1), Hollywood South Broward (3M, 3-1), Miami Archbishop Carroll (1M, 4-1), Miami Belen Jesuit (3M, 4-2), Miami Braddock (Independent, 4-1), Miami Carol City (2M, 1-3) Miami Dr. Krop (3M, 2-3), Miami Edison (2M, 2-3), Miami Gulliver Prep (2M – (1-3), Miami Immaculata LaSalle (2M, 2-2), Miami Jackson (2M, 3-3), Miami Palmetto (4M, 2-4), Miami Ransom Everglades (Independent, 3-2), Miami Southridge (3M, 3-2), Miami St. Brendan (2M, 2-2), Miami Westminster Christian (1M, 5-0), Miramar Everglades (3M, 2-3), Miami Ferguson (Independent, 3-2), North Miami Beach (2M, 2-3), Pembroke Pines Charter (3M, 3-2), Pembroke Pines Somerset Academy (4M, 2-3), Pembroke Pines West Broward (4M, 3-2), Pompano Beach (Independent, 3-1), South Miami (2M, 3-1), Sunrise Piper (3M, 3-2), Westland Hialeah (2M, 4-1). Weston Cypress Bay (4M, 3-2).
WEEK 1 MIAMI-DADE/BROWARD RANKING. https://larryblustein.com/news/south-florida-top-20-it-all-gets-started-this-week
WEEK 2 MIAMI-DADE/BROWARD RANKING. https://larryblustein.com/news/miami-dade-broward-top-20-central-shoots-into-the-top-spot
WEEK 3 MIAMI-DADE/BROWARD RANKING. https://larryblustein.com/news/miami-dade-broward-top-20-new-teams-enter-this-week-s-rankings
WEEK 4 MIAMI-DADE/BROWARD RANKING. https://larryblustein.com/news/miami-dade-broward-top-20-more-changes-this-week
WEEK 5 MIAMI-DADE/BROWARD RANKING. https://larryblustein.com/news/miami-dade-broward-week-5-is-here-already
WEEK 6 MIAMI-DADE/BROWARD RANKING. https://larryblustein.com/news/miami-dade-broward-week-6-brings-on-new-challenges
TRACKING SOUTH FLORIDA (MIAMI-DADE & BROWARD) PROSPECTS – CLASSES 2023-2026. https://larryblustein.com/prospects/tracking-south-florida-prospects